Metraflex FireStrait connectors are flexible metal hose connectors designed to minimize vibration, compensate for pipe misalignment, and absorb lateral pipe movement.
1. Inspect connector for shipping damage; insure that the shipping restraints are intact. Damaged units should not be used.
2. Piping should be aligned as closely as possible, and within the allowed connector limit.
3. Unit lengths must not be altered during installation. Install at dimensions indicated on submittal drawings.
4. Piping must be properly supported so FireStrait connectors do not carry any pipe loads.
5. Flange holes of the connector and adjacent pipe flange should be aligned properly. Do not try to compensate for flange or pipe misalignment by putting any torsional, compressive, extension, or offset loads on the connector.